BRIEF HISTORYJirapa Senior High School was established in the year 1994 as a day school. The school is located in the Jirapa District of the Upper West Region of Ghana. It was established by the government of Ghana to support the already existing Senior High Schools in the country to absorb the growing numbers of students who completed Junior High School but could not all get placement into the then existing senior high schools in the country.
It was first located behind the Jubilee Hall of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church with an initial students population of 126 thus, 75 males and 51 females. The staff population of the school at the time was nine (9) including the Headmaster. The school was started with two programmes that is the Business and Vocational programmes, in the Vocational programmes students were offering Home Economics and Visual Art. Today, Jirapa Senior High School is a boarding school running five (5) major programmes namely HOME ECONOMICS, VISUAL ART, BUSINESS, GENERAL ARTS, and GENERAL SCIENCE with a student’s population of over one thousand. All these programmes the school is running have been approved by both the Ghana Education Service and West Africa Examination Council (WAEC).
- We are charged to build our students into decent mature, dignified and responsible citizens.
- To produce students who are proud of their heritage.
- To collaborate with all stakeholders in and outside the Educational sector.
VISIONWe aspire to mould the school into one of the first Educational centers Nationwide, typically recognized for strong moral armament, faithfulness, hardwork, excellent academic pedigree, milling out men and women for mother Ghana.
Contact InformationFor more information please contact us via
Postal Adress: BOX 7 JIRAPA UPPER WEST
- Our Achievements
- 1. This year (2018), the school qualified for the National Science and Mathematics quiz competition at the Regional level. This gave the school the opportunity to compete with others schools at the national level
- 2. In 2004, the school becomes second in its group during the inter-schools drama competition.
- 3. In the same year 2014, the school emerged 4th out of 14 competing schools at Lawra Senior High School in the inter-schools debating club competition.
- 4. In 2015, the school for the first time qualified for the National Science and Mathematics quiz competition at the Regional level. This gave the school the opportunity to compete with others schools at the national level. The school presented form two students for the competition.
- 5. In the year 2015, the Mathematics club won 1st position in both Elective math’s and core math’s competition held at Lassia Tuolu Senior High School.
- 6. The school become 1st for three consecutive times during the 2014, 2015, and 2016 independence parade match pass.
- 7. In the area of sports and other competitions the school has never performed badly.